Monday, March 10, 2014

Break Me

    I loved playing sports growing up and I definitely would have considered myself an athlete.  I still enjoy playing and watching sports and if you watch or play a sport you know it takes a lot of hard work to be successful at it.  You need to be driven and you need to be passionate about it.  Many of the teams I played for had winning seasons, but it was the times that I was "cut" or when we would lose that made me work harder than ever.  I quickly realized that being at the bottom was horrible and it was in those moments I worked the hardest.
    This is similar to how my relationship with Jesus has been.  When things in my life are great, then I tend not to be as passionate about Him, but when circumstances change I cling to Him and realize He is the only constant thing I have and only thing I can fully trust.  It is in the mist of my brokenness that my faith is made stronger. 
   This past week I have really been praying more about my trip.  I have been praying that God just please make me as effective as possible in sharing His love.  However, as I have been praying, I have felt a strong desire to also pray that God completely "break me".  I know that sounds crazy, but it's not.  I want God to break me down, dissect me and strip me of any strongholds I have or anything that is preventing me from fully honoring Him. I want to be at a place of complete brokenness, so that I finally get rid of all these things that are so harmful to me. Once God breaks me, I can begin to rebuild myself with faith and trust.  This does not mean that I will be perfect from here on out, it just means I have been redeemed and restored!
  Please pray with me that I can give up total control right now and allow God to completely "break me".  I am yearning to be all that He is calling me to be, but I need this to transpire in order to be the most effective on this journey!

Love!!
18 days!!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment