Monday, April 14, 2014

Equal.... Nah not really

    I feel if you asked the majority if us, "are we all created equal" the answer would be yes. But time and time again as a society and world we disprove this answer. I know myself as embarrassed as I am to say it, I know I have not always treated people as equals. The thing is we know the biblical truth that God loves us all the same and in the end we will be treated equal-by God. But I think we tend to forget this truth as we carry on with life.
     Here in the States I have often seen people ridicule and make fun of people who have less than them. I have seem name calling and and be down right rude.  I have been guilty sometimes of automatically judging a situation and thinking thoughts in my head that are not the best. However, it is not our duty to judge or decipher why they are where they are,  but rather have compassion and show them the love of Jesus. It is up to them how the handle the help they receive. I try reminding myself and my kids we are all one bad choice or even one bad unfortunate situation that could have us in the same position. I think as a nation we tend to not care as much for the homeless or needy.  (There are of course exceptions.) A simple example if a crime Happened to a homeless person, I personally don't think it would be given the due diligence as a tax paying person who might be blessed with more in life. I think we justify it by saying well they won't be missed or they don't have much anyways so we will get to it when we can.  I am reminded of this and shown that this is not just a United States issue.  If you keep up with my Facebook you know of the troubles that Nicaragua is facing. They have been having many earthquakes of substantial magnitude since Thursday. Since I just got back and built many wonderful relationships I do feel more bonded with these people and more uneasy about what is going on there.   One of the areas that is being hit especially hard is the Compassion site. Nicaragua had many low income areas. But the Compassion site is one of the lowest. After the first quake hit Thursday this area was hit with a big aftershock and are receiving many every hour. However, the news reported not much damage. Even in Nicaragua, since that area is very poverty stricken it is not even news worthy.
      This breaks my heart and convicts me all at the same time. I got to know these people and their families. I got to see a part of their hearts and I embraced it and I am so glad I did. I got to see them as real people, children of God, and the "equals" God created all of us to be. They are not just a number and they definitely do not have less value, because of their economic status, yet by them not even being news worthy, we have shown them and the rest of the world they are unworthy. We have validated to them that they have no hope and that there is nothing more for them. (Thank goodness Compassion does help and offer hope) . This convicts me because I think sometimes here at home I may "help" people, but I do not get to know them and embrace them as I did in Nicaragua. I did not validate them and show them they have worth and value and are "equals" to us in God's eyes even if they love in a world that undervalues them.
   Please pray for all right now in Nicaragua. Much if the nation is in a state of panic and understandably so. They say big quakes hit every 40 years and they are due. The last one was in 1972 and killed over 10,000 people and did massive amounts of destruction, especially the Capitol Managua. There has already been damage in many areas do pray they are contained at that and no more damage. They are also predicting volcanic activity so please pray that this will not happen. And finally pray for Cory and Stacy who are the missionaries who live there. Pray God protects them and gives them the necessary tools and understandings I dealing with the relief process.  Remember for the majority of people there they don't have cars or a way to leave and escape the potential so I know you can understand their fear. I do have faith that we still serve a faithful God who loves ALL his children!


Diligently praying ,
Amber

Btw / here is the latest blog from Cory and Stacy
http://condestinoanicaragua.blogspot.com/2014/04/do-not-be-afraid.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment