Monday, April 28, 2014

Does Everything Happen For a Reason?!

  There are many nights I wake up and simply can not go back to sleep! This drives me crazy and makes the next day quite hard. I am not positive why I am unable to sleep, but lately I take the "quiet" time as a time to reflect.
    I think so often I get so caught up in what I want. I let my desires take over and get caught up, yet again in trying to make myself happy. I tend to forget the bigger picture that Gods got this and already knows the bigger picture. 
   I definitely am not shy and love meeting new people. I try not to take life to serious anymore, because when I do I feel I set myself up for disappointment. So here I am trying to live in the moment and not over think things. This is a little hard for me!! But the more I am living in the moment and not worrying so much about the future, the happier I am becoming. I used to be hesitant about believing everything happens for a reason. However, here lately I have finally started to see all the puzzle pieces starting to come together. God places the right situations and the right people in our life at just the right time. 
   I am not going to lie, I wish some of pieces would not have been so hard, but how can I wish any of them away when I take a step back and look at where I am in my life. They are were lessons and experiences which grew me and my character. I know I still have many pieces left to complete my puzzle, but for the first   time in awhile I feel it is coming together nicely. 
    I am seeing how all these things that I did not understand finally making sense and I am excited about that. I am not 100% positive where my life is going, but I do see doors opening and one of those is me getting to be able to help my friends in Nicaragua and my friends at Compassion! 
    So yeah, I think everything happens for a reason. I think God lines everything up perfectly for us, we just have to be willing to embrace it and continue to have trust and patience. I have said this before, this is definitely not where I thought my life would be, but that is ok, because Life has a funny way to work out how it is supposed to.  
    I will end with this quote which is a favorite if mine. Experiences grow us and help us better to handle the life God has planned for us, whether in relationships , work, or just day to day situations. 
  " Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."

C. S. Lewis


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/cslewis103466.html#e7LoiPzLcjQX24fP.99
   
Humbly, 
Amber 

No comments:

Post a Comment