Wednesday, October 15, 2014

  I was able to spend the day with Kyndall and it was awesome.  With four kiddies, it is not everyday, they each get one on one time with me.  I love being with her.  She is my saving grace from being around boys all the time.  We can giggle together, shop, get our nails done and even play softball together.  However, as I walked around with her today, there were moments I just wanted to freeze.  She laughed, hugged me, held my hand and I even got a little teary eyed wondering if she would soon outgrow this.  I am selfish when it comes to my kids and I want them to stay my babies, but I know this is not the case.
  I am not blind and I see how she is growing up.  I see the absolute pure beauty in her.  She has this potential to have an amazing future, because as beautiful as I think she is, her heart is huge and I pray she uses it for so much good.  But, I also know she is getting ready to enter, the teenage years.  I fear so much and pray so hard that she handles it well, but watching her today the fears resurfaced. 
  I was never a wild child, but I know times are different even from when I was growing up.  I tend to be pretty laid back, but I am also a bit old fashioned.  I still believe the boy should do the asking out and even call first.  I know this is not the norm, but I want her to see this is what she deserves.  I do not ever want her to feel she needs to throw herself at a boy, talk ugly or present herself in a way that is not her just for attention. 
   My biggest fear in life is that my kids will repeat my mistakes or live in them.  So I hope I can raise an independent daughter, who keeps her morals and values in tact.  On the flip side she does have about 100 brothers who will be watching her and keeping her in check!!  But please pray that Kyndall and I get through these next very important years with grace, patience, understanding and love!!


A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. 


A mother's treasure is her daughter.  ~Catherine Pulsifer,


 
A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension


And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.  ~Victoria Secunda


A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.  ~Author Unknown
“Do not forget to tell your daughters God made them beautiful.”
Habeeb Akande




“The daughter prays; the mother listens.”
Amanda Downum, The Drowning City




Kyndall's mommy,


Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment