Sunday, October 26, 2014

I need you ... The last chapter to my not so love story

     Last night I worked a wedding. There was an older couple there who was just absolutely precious! They danced together, took pictures together and held hands. I joked and said they must be newlyweds, because it seems so uncommon to see a lasting love like that anymore. Honestly, I was quite envious. And for a split second I became a little sad, but the joy that radiated from both of them made it hard to keep a smile from my face. True love is beautiful and seeing this Is simple reminder that love can endure and can win in the end.
     My year is a couple weeks away now and it is bitter sweet. Adam and I are still good friends and he gave me 2 of the most precious gifts, but through this year I have seen that we did not have that "love", I do love him and always will, but it is not a passionate heart stopping love. This week I have been ready to fully close that book and begin writing a new one. I am not quite sure what the chapters will look like, and honestly the book my not be a love story and that is ok.. But my hopes is it has a happy ending filled with a lot of humor and learning experiences.
     Today at church we had communion and I took all this to prayer, and just prayed Gid will continue to make this transition smooth for all involved. When I got in the car I heard the most appropriate two songs. One talked about being set free and how true this is. I have finally been set free of the strongholds that have kept me captive for so long. The second song us called "Running In Circles". Here is some of the lyrics..

    I'm so forgetful, but you always remind me
You're the only one who brings me peace
You're the only one who brings me peace

So I come, Lord I come, I come, Lord I come
To tell you i love you
To tell you i need you
To tell you theres no better place for me than in your arms
To tell you im sorry for running in circles
For placing my focus on the ways and not your face
You're the only one who brings me peace
You're the only one who brings me peace. 


In this new book I need to remember the only thing I need is God and how amazing His Grace and Love is. It is the absolute purest form of love. A love that should fill you up so much that, that is the only love you need and crave. The other loves are "earthly bonuses". I am Eternally thankful He sends these reminders to me, even-in the form of music!


Chapter 1, 

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment