Friday, February 14, 2014

Awkward

   When I was in 6th grade I had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day! Seeing each other in the hallway and writing notes and perhaps a couple phone calls of complete silence was the extent of our relationship. So I definitely was not  expecting a gift on Valentine's Day, but to my suprise I got a box of chocolates and some roses. I felt so awkward and embarrassed ... All I got him was a card. I think to this day it has traumatized my perception of Valentine'sDay! I really do not care for it and for that matter I do not really care for flowers !
     You often hear people say, you should not just celebrate the people you love one day a year and I understand that, but I also understand how to some it can be a fun excuse to profess  your love to someone!  I do feel we often neglect our love ones and forget to tell them on a daily basis how much we love them or care for them.   I am guilty of this sometimes., so perhaps this is a day to remind us.
     I especially neglect professing and telling My Savior how much I love him. I think love is an amazing thing and it is an especially amazing gift He gives us all. My prayer here lately and a prayer I am asking you to pray with me is that when I go on this mission trip, Christ's love will shine through me so bright that all the people I come in contact with in Nicaragua will see this love and want it!!
     So even though I might not be a fan of Valentine's Day, I am still a fan of love. I do not like the cheesy romance but I love the butterflies love gives you.  And most of all I love knowing I have an endless love and am unconditional love from  My Heavenly Father!!

42 days,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment