Sunday, February 9, 2014

Don't Care

     I love when I am home or with my kids and I am having a bad day, they just seem to smile and make things seem better.  With their age comes such an innocence.  They do not care about my past or mistakes I made, instead they love me for me and that definitely brightens my day.
     That is one of the cool things I think about missions.  The people you help, do not automatically judge your appearance, but rather see you as good, as someone who is there to help.  They do not care about your past, color of your skin, how many tattoo or piercings you have, your height, hair color, college degrees, jobs,  but rather they care about you.  They latch on and adore you for who you are and how you act to them.  There is no preconceived notions.  They see the heart of a person, not the appearance. They see how you are with them, the love you potentially have to give them and the helping hand they so need. 
    Here, there are times I feel no matter what I do, I will always be judged for certain things.  It could be the stereotype that comes with my appearance or my past, either way, as a society we care more about the outside of someone than the heart of someone.  I am learning "not to care too".  I am beginning to see that outward perception is so over rated and sometimes the people who have the biggest heart and are always willing to lend a helping hand are the ones you would least expect.  These are the people I want in my life and to surround myself with.  I do not care if you are the prettiest, ugliest, smartest, dumbest, most successful, or have 100 tattoos or a beard to your chest.  I care where your heart is and that is the way God is too.  We can not fool him.
     I think one reason I feel so called to missions overseas is because I feel that this is where I will be able to be the most effective in my "mission field".  I think I will be most effective here for all the above reasons. 


47 days away.....
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment