Sunday, February 2, 2014

Victor



     Hi!! Meet Victor!!!  He is the child we sponsor! The kids and I picked him out together. We sponsor him through Compassion and you ready for the coolest part...... I get to meet him :)))
     When I am in Nicaragua we will go visit him and his village. Compassion has a policy where each each child is only given one sponsor, so we are the only ones that finically support him. I know you hardly ever get to meet the child you sponsor so how cool is this??!!
      Victor's house is mostly wood walls and dirt floors. His diet is mainly rice, beans and plantains. There are so many health issues in his area  and most of the people in his area make around $80 a month. So as you can see they have very little. I wish I could help so many more but at least we are making a difference to him!!
        I know times are hard and yes $38 a month is a lot.... I get it-I am raising 4 kids and sometimes I stress about money, but at the same time I probably waste that on frivolous items every month. Just think what $38 a month can do to them verses what we spend it on. 
      The kids also enjoy this. We get to write him, pray for him and I am able to teach them valuable lessons from this. So if anyone wants more information on sponsoring a child please let me know!!

54 days away,

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment