Friday, February 7, 2014

Words

       I said yesterday that I really love listening to song lyrics.. Well a few years back there was a song called "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth", by Primitive Radio Gods. Well until recently I thought the song said, "I've been down in Harlem" instead of "I've been done-hearted.  Yeah I would sing it out loud too so there is no dealing how many times I embarrassed myself. Even when I knew the correct words it was so hard for me to say them because my brain had already implanted "I've been down in Harlem". 
      One of my worst flaws is saying things I do not mean out of anger, fear or hurt.  This is something I am desperately trying to change because whether I mean them or not, once said, the words are  imprinted on the brain. I don't want to be someone that degrades or brings someone down but rather lifts them up.  I know for me when I hear negativity so much... I actually start believing it about myself.  You could tell me you love me 100 times and you hate me 2 times and I am going to remember the "I hate you" comment more.  
     Words are powerful and I do personally feel you can speak certain things into existence.  I am hoping with my trip I can use words and speak life, power, happiness and speak God's word to them. I hope positive words can make a difference to them and I hope I can leave good words for them to imprint on their brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment