Sunday, February 23, 2014

Unworthy

    I know that I have shared Before that I struggle with self worth.  I do not struggle nearly as much as I used to, but it is a battle I will always fight. I allowed this to take over every area of my life; with relationships and especially my relationship with God.
     It is no big secret that I have not always made the best choices in life, and I am a pretty open book.     It has always been out there for all to judge and I used this as an excuse to keep me from my calling. I allowed it to take full control over me and I believed this lie that I was to unworthy to fulfill my calling and if I tried it would be ineffective.
     This simply is not the case and as my self worth as increased so has my self confidence in who I am.  I think there are other people like me who feel they are to unworthy to serve God, because of who they are or what they have done. However, look at David in the Bible, he was a murderer and an adulterer. Heck he even had an affair with his best friend's wife and then killed him to cover it up, and  God said he was a man after His own heart. I am not throwing that out there to denounce Christians, but rather say we are all sinful and all have made mistakes and will always continue to because we are human. We all have a calling and a gift, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Romans 12:6-8
       The experiences, battles, and struggles  we face is just part of the process needed in God developing our character. We are all  broken and we all have struggles and Gid needs  imperfect people to relate and minister to the people the rest of society as deemed unworthy. God wants us to be be able to relate to everyone and relate to some of the strongholds people are facing.  I honestly feel God is calling a new generation of people in the ministry. The broken who have found healing in God and now can use that as a testament.
       God wants every single one of us. Even if you think you are "too bad" or too far gone . That is just a lie from the enemy to prevent you from being all you can be. God has already equipped you with the necessary tools and heart to be what He wants you to be.  God is seeking you, running after you, and coming after you; even if you are bruised, scarred, broken  or no matter how bad your past is.  God's love  for us is more than we can ever imagine and fathom.  So embrace it, hold on to it and let it transform you. Take it in and let it fill you up . Then allow yourself to see the person you are as God does and as God as made you; awesome , wonderful and someone that He wants to fulfill their calling.

Love!!!
33 days:))

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment